Relaxation Techniques (+ my very first Research Publication)

This summer and throughout the past school year, I had noticed that I have a significantly hard time with relaxing. Ironically enough, I had actually done an extensive research project with a Psychology Professor at Luther College and some other young professionals involved in the Psychology Research Field. And, on the 4th of July, I found out that our work had officially been published in the journal titled Evidence-Based Complementary and Alternative Medicine. So, that made for plenty more reasons for me and my family to celebrate on the 4th of July! :)

The document that I co-wrote and researched in is called "Effectiveness of Progressive Muscle Relaxation, Deep Breathing and Guided Imagery in Promoting Psychological and Physiological States of Relaxation". And you can feel free to read the article at this link here: https://www.hindawi.com/journals/ecam/2021/5924040/

I'm the third author!! :)

So, in addition to the relaxation techniques the other researchers and I wrote about in the article, I thought I would share some other relaxation techniques that some of you would hopefully enjoy as well! :)

1. Guided Imagery

2. Meditation

3. Progressive Muscle Relaxation

4. Deep Breathing

5. Getting outside and going for a walk

6. Talking to someone

7. Therapy!

8. Journaling

9. Working out

10. Listening to classical music

I'm sure that there are plenty more examples that you can think of that are not on the list here, but I figured it would be appropriate to include a list some things that have helped me in the past before with relaxing when I'm feeling mostly stressed or anxious.

Have a Fantastic Friday!

Comments

Popular Posts